Friday 20th July
10:00am till 4:00pm
RP Fighting Blindness would like to invite you to an Information Day focusing on Inherited Retinal Dystrophies (IRDs) and syndromes, including Retinitis Pigmentosa and Usher syndrome.
The event will include presentations from the following:
• Mr Martin McKibben, Consultant Ophthalmologist, Leeds Teaching Hospital
• Mr Raj Mukherjee, Consultant Ophthalmologist , Leeds Teaching Hospital
• Oxsight Smart Glasses
• Leeds & Bradford Rehabilitation Teams
• There will also be talks from a number of patients living with these conditions
• Chance to meet and discuss what support is available with local organisations supporting patients.
This is a great opportunity to find out more about Inherited Retinal Dystrophies (IRDs); the latest research information, to put your questions to the experts, meet other people and engage with the charity.
This event is free of charge, and is open to:
Anyone affected by RP or an inherited retinal dystrophy and their families
Professionals working with affected families
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED AND PLACES ARE LIMITED, SO PLEASE DO CONTACT US TO CONFIRM YOUR PLACE!
If you would like to attend the event or you have any questions, please contact the RPFB office for further details.
Telephone: 01280 821334 / email: email@example.com
Post: RP Fighting Blindness, P.O Box 350, Buckingham MK18 1GZ
Click here for a programme of the day
- Open to anyone
- Quiz signed in BSL
Come and have lots of Fun!
The Centre, St Mary’s Street, Leeds, LS9 7DP
Thursday 19th July 2018
2pm till 4pm
For more information please contact Steven Gibson (Deaf)
Mobile: 07786 390 315
You shop. Amazon gives.
- Amazon donates 0.5% of the net purchase price (excluding VAT, returns and shipping fees) of eligible purchases to the charitable organisation of your choice.
- AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
- Support a charitable organisation of your choice by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.co.uk.
Your shopping will support The Leeds Society For Deaf And Blind People, click here to sign up.
Venue: Leeds Civic Hall
Date: Friday 1st June 2018
Time: 10:00 – 4:00
Collaborating with Blind In Business we are bringing you a day of handy hints and tips and invaluable networking, to help you in your pursuit of employment.
The day will provide information on the access to work application process, useful technology in the workplace, when and how to disclose your disability and ideas for successful CV writing.
You will also have the opportunity to undertake a mock interview with some of the UK’s top employers to help provide feedback on how to approach the real thing.
Alongside all of this there will be inspirational employers and employees sharing their stories of finding employment.
To book onto the event, please click here to visit our Eventbrite page where you will be asked a couple of questions about dietary or access requirements. Or please call the connect team on 0303 1234 55 55 and they will be happy to register you onto the event.
We only have 55 places on the day, so please don’t hesitate to book.
Thank you very much for taking the time to learn about this event.
RNIB Connect community Intern
The Leeds Society For Deaf and Blind now has its very own Allotment!
The plot was donated by The Alwoodley Allotment Society in October 2017 and we are now looking for Volunteers to help us transform it:
Contact Zoe or William: