The Leeds Society for Deaf and Blind People continually seek to improve access for the communities we serve, and to maintain the vibrant Centre we call home.
One of the ways we do this is by securing grants and arranging fundraising activities. Our latest project is to provide a sensory garden.
Please see below for a message from our chair:
Hi, I am the Chair of Leeds Society for Deaf and Blind People, which is a charity. I’m here to ask for your help with donations to create a Sensory Garden at the Centre. This will be the second Sensory Garden in Leeds.
We have a limited budget, but have won a makeover from another deaf charity, BSL Zone (British Sign Language TV Programme).
We have an army of volunteers coming to help and would really appreciate some support to make our small budget go further. Any donations of the following would be really appreciated:
- Hard-core/hoggin for paths
- Lots of pallets
- Thick wood for seats and planters
- Tall trees
- Garden tools
Any donation of materials, plants, time as a volunteer or money are all very welcome.
If you could lend us some garden tools, we can get them back to you at the end. Please let us know.
The garden will benefit the deaf and blind communities, giving them a safe place to be which is completely accessible.
In the future, I hope to share the garden with other charities for their members to enjoy.
Please share among your friends, family and local businesses. Every little help goes a long way in creating this amazing sensory garden which will benefit ours and the wider community.
Please contact us by either email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Facebook messenger/phone/text/WhatsApp – 07721 422261
You can donate by pressing the donate button below if you wish to contribute to the garden fund.
Thank you.Jason Hixon
Donate via Paypal by clicking the button below:
PayPal allows you to use a credit or debit card to make a donation without a PayPal account. After clicking the button below, there will be a link to continue without a PayPal account.
If you have any problems or questions please call on 0113 2438328 or contact us online by clicking here.
- LSDBP itself does not charge any fees when taking donations for the support of our recommended charities, but PayPal charges standard credit card processing fees.
- LSDBP charity you support will receive confirmation of your gift as well as your contact information and email address. The charities will use your contact information to contact you once to thank you for your gift. Your information will not be shared with any third parties.
- LSDBP will not automatically add you to any mailing lists.